|Artist||Father John Misty|
|Album||Off-Key In Hamburg|
|Year of release||2020|
The current disturbing time also make way to great initiatives for and by musicians. One of them is the foundation of the so-called MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund, which has set out the following targets:
The Recording Academy’s MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund will provide assistance to those in the music industry affected by the coronavirus outbreak and subsequent cancellation of multiple music events. From hotel and bar gigs to major music festivals, COVID-19 is deeply impacting live music events, and the creative community behind it all. Administered through MusiCares, the COVID-19 Fund will be used to directly support those in the music community with the greatest need. MusiCares was established by the Recording Academy to safeguard the health and well-being of all music people – offering confidential preventive, recovery, and emergency programs to address financial, medical, and personal health issues.
On March 23rd, 2020, Father John Misty released the live album Off-Key In Hamburg. The proceeds will be donated to the MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.
The concert was recorded on August 8th, 2019, at the Hamburg Elbphilharmonie, guest starring the Neue Philharmonie Frankfurt. So for all of you who weren’t there on November 5th, 2018, at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, here’s your chance to hear Father John Misty live.
The album is exclusively available online at fatherjohnmisty.bandcamp.com. Please purchase: you’ll get great music and the chance to (finally) feel good about yourself by donating to a good cause!
All songs written by Josh Tillman aka Father John Misty.
- Hangout At The Gallows
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
- Mr. Tillman
- Disappointing Diamonds Are The Rarest of Them All
- The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apt.
- Strange Encounter
- Total Entertainment Forever
- Things It Would’ve Been Helpful To Know Before The Revolution
- Ballad Of The Dying Man
- A Bigger Paper Bag
- I Went To The Store One Day
- Nancy From Now On
- Chateau Lobby #4 (In C For Two Virgins)
- Please Don’t Die
- The Palace
- God’s Favorite Customer
- Pure Comedy
- Holy Shit
- I Love You, Honeybear
- Leaving LA
- Daniel Bailey – drums
- Chris Dixie Darley – guitar, keytar, vocals
- Kyle Flynn – keyboards
- Corey Lareau – saxophone, flute, clarinet
- Kelly Pratt – trumpet, flugelhorn, flute, saxophone
- Eli Thomson – (synth) bass
- Jon Titterington – piano
- David Vandervelde – guitar, keyboards, vocals
Neue Philharmonie Frankfurt:
- Astrid Brachtendorf – trumpet
- Norbert Porth – trombone
- Ralf Hübner, Anna-Maria Barth, Carlos Cota Lopez, Esther Owusu, Julia Mangelsdorf, Sabina Bogus – violin
- Pilar Carvajal, Olga Hübner, Camila Munoz, Roland Kleinschmidt – viola
- Astrid Naegele, Ruben Jeyasundaram – cello